Today I posted about Peter Sís’s incredible book, The Wall. In my post, you may have noted that I was concerned about Walls of all kinds, and that I objected to Walls impinging on our freedom. So, I thought, what can we do about it? Well, I answered myself, we can read with our children. So I want to have a giveaway here (it’s been a long time since we last had a giveaway!) to promote fighting those Walls and teach our children to reach out to each other instead of sequestering ourselves.
I’m going to give you, my dear readers, three books, each of which teaches something valuable to our children. The rules are simple:
- Post in the comments saying you want to be entered, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will choose the winners by a random number generator and, if you win, I’ll email you to arrange getting the book to you.
- All books will be coming directly from me, Deborah. I have no sponsors for this. It’s just me and you!
- If you DO NOT WANT one of the books (for whatever reason), tell me, and I’ll exclude you from the draw for that book. Otherwise, everyone will be considered for each book– 1 book per person, though, so if you win once, I’ll exclude you from the draw for the next book.
- Everyone is eligible. Anywhere in the world. No Walls!
- Deadline is Friday, December 1st at noon.
What do I want from you? Your promise that you’ll read the book with a child. Any questions? Email me at email@example.com. Share widely! Send this post to your friends, family, whoever! Let’s spread good books and knock down Walls.
Now, here are the books:
1) To promote diversity: I, Too, Am America, by Langston Hughes, illustrated by Bryan Collier.
2) To promote generosity among strangers: Shelter, by Céline Claire, illustrated by Qin Leng.
3) To knock down Walls: The Wall, by Peter Sís.
All right, that’s it! Email me or comment below, and I’ll look forward to choosing the winner on December 1!